Baby Countdown!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Only 10 Weeks To Go!

We hit week 30 last Saturday! It is so hard to believe that we only have 10 weeks left till our little one is supposed to arrive. Time seemed to go by so slowly the first trimester and now it is flying by!

It has been weird, fun, interesting and wonderful feeling our boy move and how the movements change over time. His movements started out as a flutter way down low and are now bumps, kicks and rolls - and boy do I mean ROLLS - all over. The growing belly is a strange phenomenon. Getting up and down from sitting and laying can be quite a struggle. Shaving has become a challenge. And forget about painting my toenails! I have now asked Jesse to be my toe painter and he has agreed =).

I feel time is beginning to shrink and I am a little anxious about getting all we need and doing all we need to do to be ready for the baby. So far we only have 5 or 6 outfits, 2 packs of some hand-me-down too small for another baby diapers, a bassinet my sister gave me, a bouncy seat my cousin gave me, a stroller, and some things from Nana and Poppie's Christmas stocking to Baby Gaunt. Ahhh! Plus the room baby will use is currently a storage room. Some friends are coming over next week to help me clean the room out. Yay!! I will feel much better when that is done. It is amazing how much stuff you realize you need for a new addition. Under 10 weeks to go and gotta get it all somehow and get it all done. It is exciting though.

I failed my first gestational diabetes sugar test and had to go back for the dreaded 3 hour test. That was NOT fun!! I didn't even keep the drink down. YUCK! I made it 55 minutes and they said that was good enough for accurate test results. Whew! I did NOT want to do that again. But I passed the second test with flying colors and they actually don't understand why I failed the first. Oh well. I am just happy to know it won't be an issue.

I am tiring a lot quicker now. My belly can get so tight at times it is extremely uncomfortable. I have not had any food cravings that I hear people talk about. I am waking up with nausea pretty much every morning again, but nothing to the extent of before and my nausea medicine takes care of it. Jesse is so great at taking care of me, making me take it easy, helping me up when I need it, rubbing my belly and my feet, has even rubbed on belly butter - he really doesn't want me to get stretch marks. He saw some somewhere else and they grossed him out. The last thing I want is for something on me to gross out my hubby!

69 days to go! Whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment