Baby Countdown!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ultrasounds & Baby Registries

We have 104 days to go! Ahh! That seems like so long. Our little bugger is kick-in up a storm. He is getting really strong. I have started having some Braxton-Hicks contractions. My stomach gets really tight all over, there are tender spots, and pain can shoot across my tummy. It can be really uncomfortable. It is normal at this stage in my pregnancy and they say it is actually good for the baby - massages him and gets him used to and ready for the birthing process. So, I'll take it =)!


I thought I would post a few of our ultrasound pictures. These are from week 21, when we found out we were having a boy. They are pictures of pictures so they are not all that clear.

This is a profile shot and he has his hand in the air.

This is a shot of the bottom of his feet. I love this one!

Here is a shot of his legs. They are stretched out and you can see his bones. So cool.



I registered at Babies-R-Us recently and had a blast. My favorite part was deciding on the nursery decor and registering for the crib set - sheets, bumper pads, quilt, etc. It is called "Pop Monkey". The colors are plant green and brown with monkeys and vines. There are wall stickers and a changing pad cover and diaper rack to match. I also registered for a bath set - all you need to help bathe your child from baby to toddler/sink to tub - frog design- so cute. Of course there are other things: bumbo, bobby pillow, pacifiers, burp clothes, washclothes and towels, sling to carry him in, baby sleeping positioner, changing table, play mat, bouncy seat, etc. I am excited about being able to set-up his room, at some point. Jesse and I are not sure where we will be living when the baby arrives. I will not be working over the summer because I substitute teach and I'm going to stay home with the little one after he gets here. So, we want to find a place with cheaper rent than our current apartment. We are not sure what that means or where we will be. Please pray that God shows us where to make our home and provides a place that we can afford.


I am officially not fitting into my regular clothes anymore and embarking on the hunt for maternity clothes. I am currently using rubberbands to keep my jeans closed. He he. Jesse is enjoying watching my belly grow and smiles when I have trouble bending over and doing something that used to be thoughtless. When he leaves for work in the morning he's been rubbing my belly first. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment